“CATCH” KEVIN HARVICK SOCIAL CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
MICHELOB ULTRA® SUMMER SERIES CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. The “Michelob ULTRA Summer Series Contest” (“Contest”) is open to residents of the United States who are twenty-five (25) years of age or older. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Anheuser-Busch, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates and subsidiaries, employees and the immediate families of their wholesale distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and retail licensees are ineligible. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) at www.MichelobULTRA.com. Void where prohibited.
3. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on May 25, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on August 3, 2016 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is divided into three (3) Entry Periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the chart below. Each Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. CDT on the Start Date listed below and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on the End Date listed below with the exception of the first Entry Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CDT. Please note there is not an opportunity to enter the Contest between June 23, 2016 and July 17, 2016.
Corresponding Prize Event
Winner Determined by Date
Michelob ULTRA Manhattanhenge Mile
4. Two (2) Ways to Enter:
(a) Facebook: During a particular Entry Period, look for Sponsor’s Contest post in your Facebook feed or at https://www.facebook.com/MichelobULTRA (“Website”). Submit a comment on “how you go the extra mile” with #Contest in the comment section of the post (“Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Entry Period. Entry must be in English and one-hundred forty (140) characters or less (including #Contest). In order to enter via Facebook, you must be a registered user of Facebook and follow Michelob Ultra. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account. Entrant must have a public profile on the Facebook account used to enter in order for Sponsor to see the comment and to be contacted by Sponsor if he/she is selected as a winner.
(b) Twitter: During a particular Entry Period, look for Sponsor’s Contest tweet on your Twitter feed or at https://twitter.com/MichelobULTRA (also, the “Website”). Reply with “how you go the extra mile” including @MichelobULTRA and #Contest (also, an “Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Entry Period. Entry must be in English and one-hundred forty (140) characters or less (including @MichelobULTRA and #Contest). You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow Michelob Ultra in order to enter via Twitter. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account. You must follow @MichelobULTRA on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MichelobULTRA in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
All entries must be received and recorded during a corresponding Entry Period. NOTE: You must comment/reply on the Contest post/tweet corresponding to the Entry Period for which you are entering in order for your Entry to be considered. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. No other forms of entry are valid. Limit one (1) entry per person per Entry Period.
Message and data rates may apply if entering with a mobile device. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Entries will be judged. See Rule #6 for Judging Criteria. All Entries must be received and recorded during a particular Entry Period in order for an entry to be considered for that Entry Period. No other forms of Entry are valid. See Rule #5 for additional Entry Guidelines. Entries must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #5) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries must meet the following requirements:
· Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
· Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
· Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fails to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/responsibility/advertising-marketing-code; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Michelob ULTRA), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in Web sites, television, movies or other media) owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages); or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
· Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
· Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
· Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on any of Sponsor’s social media assets or the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
· Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
· Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to the Anheuser-Busch designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
· Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. Entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”). The Judging Criteria includes: (a) Originality/Creativity of Entry; (b) Entry reflects the Michelob ULTRA brand image (pursuing an active lifestyle); and, (c) Entry reflects the Michelob ULTRA brand image (pursuing a balanced lifestyle). For each Entry Period, the Entry receiving the highest cumulative score awarded by the Panel will be deemed the winner of the corresponding Entry Period’s Prize. See Rule #7 for Prize details. In the event of a tie, tied Contest Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria stated above until the tie is broken. The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest. Limit one (1) prize per person.
7. Prize (3 total; 1 per Entry Period): Based on the Entry Period for which you were selected as the winner, you will receive the corresponding prize:
Entry Period #1 Prize – Michelob ULTRA Miami Paddle Event experience on June 23, 2016 for winner and one (1) guest to Miami, Florida for two (2) consecutive nights. Travel dates: June 22, 2016 – June 24, 2016. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is up to $3,400.00.
Entry Period #2 Prize – Michelob ULTRA Manhattanhenge Mile Event experience on July 12, 2016 for winner and one (1) guest to New York City, New York for two (2) consecutive nights. Travel dates: July 11, 2016 – July 13, 2016. ARV is up to $3,400.00.
Entry Period #3 Prize – Michelob ULTRA California Climb Event experience on August 26, 2016 for winner and one (1) guest to California (city to be determined by Sponsor at a later date, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) for two (2) consecutive nights. Travel dates to be determined at a later date, by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. ARV is up to $3,400.00.
Each experience consists of round-trip transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s home), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for the number of nights stated above for winner’s specific experience, transfers from airport/hotel/event and admission for winner and guest into the event. Travel dates subject to availability and change. Winner and guest understands and acknowledges completely that the prize involves physical activity and there are risks involved in participating in various physical activities, including the risk of serious physical injury. Winner and guest should consult with their own physician is he/she has concerns with ability to participate. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Winner and guest must comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including a valid passport or driver’s license) at the time of travel. Travel schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any missed events or opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in. Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary are solely the winner’s responsibility. Travel and accommodations are at the Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability and change. Ground transportation (other than stated above), meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Total ARV of all prizes is up to $10,200.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value at the time the prize is awarded will not be awarded. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local regulations. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner.
8. All prizes will be awarded (time permitting). Winners will be notified via direct message through their Facebook or Twitter account. Winners will be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. Winner’s Facebook or Twitter account must allow for direct/private messaging or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected (time permitting). If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting). Any alternate winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet or wireless phone service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within forty-eight (48) hours of prize acceptance. Winner’s guest must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age as of the end date of the Contest and will also be required to complete, sign, and return a liability and publicity release within forty-eight (48) hours of winner’s prize acceptance. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting). Any alternate winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner (time permitting).
9. Anheuser-Busch, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, telephone calls, emails, tweets, posts, direct messages, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to entrant's or any other person’s computer, wireless device and/or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of the Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and determine the winners from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Twitter account from which the Entry is submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person whose name is affiliated with the Facebook or Twitter account at the time of entry. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC and will not be returned.
10. Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, and Facebook or Twitter will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, including travel thereto, or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, and (b) winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, biographical information, voice and/or likeness and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law.
11. You grant to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
12. For the names of the winners, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Michelob ULTRA Summer Series Contest Winner's List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 688-70052, Minneapolis, MN 55402, for receipt by October 10, 2016.
© 2016 Anheuser-Busch, Michelob ULTRA® Light Beer, St. Louis, MO
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.