IngredientsPrep Time 10 minutes
● 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
● 10-12 skewers wooden/bamboo/metal
● Fresh basil leaves, plucked and cleaned
● Pint of mozzarella balls medium-small
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise, then quartered
● 1 package of thick-cut bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
● 15-18 meatballs (small, pre-cooked) If frozen, thaw first.
● 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning blend
● 4 tbsp. butter, melted
Dipping Sauces - optional
● Marinara and alfredo dipping sauces (warmed)
InstructionsTotal Time 30 minutes
- Preheat your grill to low-medium heat. If you're using an oven, preheat to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove pizza dough from the container, lay flat, and cut into 1-inch strips.
- Layer the bacon, mozzarella, and zucchini on the skewer, leaving enough room to wrap the pizza dough and allow it to puff up when cooking.
- Layer the mozzarella, basil, and meatballs, leaving enough room to wrap the pizza dough and allow it to puff up when cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the Italian seasoning blend and brush the skewers right before they go into the oven.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes until the dough is puffy and golden. If using the oven, it may take 15-18 minutes. Serve and enjoy!